Don’t get it confused… working IN your business is NOT the same as working ON your business!
Your main focus should be on GROWING, then scaling your business. However, there are a few action steps, you must take, for this to happen. When you’re always working IN your business, these steps simply can’t take place.
If you don’t know the difference, let me give you a few examples of each:
Working IN your business looks like this:
- You make sure the stapler is full
- You share those funny cat videos on social media
- You check and re-check your voicemail greeting
- You jump on the phone with another entrepreneur, AGAIN, to discuss how the new President of the U.S. is changing laws that will impact your business
Now, how did any of these help move the needle in your business? Did you get a new lead, a new sale, or even a new resource to find a new lead or sale?
If you answered, “No,” then you pretty much just wasted a lot of time, right? Time that could have been spent working ON your business.
So, let’s see what working ON your business looks like:
- Calling 10 targeted local businesses to offer your products/ services
- Creating an outline for your next product or service
- Following up with previous “NO”s
- “Working” a social media group to find 10 more prospects
Again… time is of the essence! Don’t wait until you need your business to pay all of your bills, to figure out HOW to work ON your business. Even if you’re business is your part-time hustle, right now, work on GROWING it as if it’s all the income you have.
“EAT THE FROG” NOW!
In other words, do what you DON’T want to do first. If you have time to check your stapler and voicemail greeting, afterwards… then, go for it!
I hope you found some clarity and motivation in this blog post. As an entrepreneur – especially when you’re a solopreneur – it’s hard to stay focused. It’s REALLY hard to do what we KNOW needs to be done, since nobody is watching over our shoulder.
Just keep in mind that, as hard as you work(ed), helping to build someone else’s dream, you should work 10x harder to build your OWN!
If you need help getting started in your business, staying focused or learning WHAT to do, to up-level your business and bank account, I’d love to chat with you about your business goals.
Click here to visit the Contact Me page, or simply complete the contact form below.
Until next time… Be awesome and be blessed!